Mumbai: Veteran actor Randhir Kapoor has been shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) days after testing positive for COVID-19.
The 74-year-old actor is being treated at the Kokilaben Hospital here and according to a hospital source his health condition is currently stable.
“He is the ICU for observation. He is stable. He will be in the hospital for a few days.” a hospital source told PTI.
Randhir Kapoor is the eldest son of celebrated actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor.
The actor lost his younger brothers Rishi Kapoor (67) and Rajiv Kapoor (58), within a span of one year.
Rishi Kapoor passed away on April 30, 2020, after a two-year battle with cancer while Rajiv Kapoor died following a heart attack in February this year.
Also read: COVID-19: Fauci suggests few weeks’ lockdown in India to break the chain
Randhir Kapoor is best known for his roles in “Kal Aaj Aur Kal” , “Jeet” , “Jawani Diwani” , “Lafange” , “Raampur Ka Lakshman” and “Haath Ki Safai”.
He married actor Babita but they are now separated . The couple has two daughters — Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- PM Modi inaugurates International Telecommunication Union Area Office
- Meghalaya CM: Schools don’t want responsibility of running govt buses
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam