Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been admitted to Kigsway Hospital in Nagpur.
Bhagwat was admitted to the COVID-19 ward on Friday, hospital sources said. He is stable and under observation, they added.
The official Twitter handle of RSS said, “RSS Sarsanghchalak Dr. Mohanji Bhagwat today tested Corona positive. He has normal symptoms and admitted to Kigsway hospital Nagpur.”
The RSS chief is one of the many big names who have been infected by the virus in the widespread second phase of the virus.
BJP leaders across the country have been wishing speedy recovery to Bhagwat.
National Democratic Alliance convenor and senior Assam BJP leader, Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “I wish speedy recovery for @RSSorg Sarsanghchalak Pujaniya Dr Mohan Bhagwat ji from #COVID19. Kindly take care and get well soon.”
Manipur CM N Biren Singh, Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal, Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa also tweeted wishing the Sarsanghchalak a “speedy and complete recovery.”
- Assam reports 455 new COVID cases, 10 more fatalities
- How Kohli overcame persistent back issues
- Trudeau’s Liberals win Canada election, but miss majority
- NSCN faction chief advocates ‘one solution’ for Naga issue
- Police encounters unabated in Assam, another drug dealer injured
- Adrian Pratt new director of American Center Kolkata