South superstar Ajith, popularly known as ‘Thala’ has become the talk of Twitter-town on the day he went to cast his vote for Tamil Nadu elections. Before you draw any conclusions, allow us to clarify. It’s not because he voted, but because he taught a lesson to mask-less fan intruded in his private space in an attempt to take a selfie with him.
As reported by TheNewsMinute, Ajith turned up at a polling booth in Thiruvanmiyur, with his wife actor Shalini on Tuesday at around 7 am. As Ajith posed for the shutterbugs after casting his vote, a fan who was not wearing a mask came close to the actor to take a picture with him. The man who did not have Ajith’s consent clicked a picture or two before Ajith noticed him.
In a viral video of the incident, Ajith is seen snatching the phone away from the fan. Shortly after that, he is also seen pointing at the fan who tried to take the selfie and asked him as well as other people to leave.
However, later, he returns the phone to the fan, asking him to wear a mask.
Netizens have supported Ajith for not allowing someone not following COVID-19 protocol to take his picture. While some have called out the way he treated the fan.
Check their reactions below:
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes