Jaipur: Three people were killed and four injured when the roof of their house collapsed after an LPG cylinder exploded in Rajasthan’s Chittorgarh district on Friday, police said.
The incident took place in Meetharam Kheda area of the district when the cylinder caught fire.
The deceased were identified as Purushottam Bhambhi (40), his wife Jamuna Bai (38) and his mother Sanjani Bai (60), Station House Officer (SHO) Darshan Singh said. Their bodies were handed over to their family members after postmortem, he added.
The injured, including Bhambhi’s three children, were referred to Udaipur for treatment, the SHO said, adding the fourth person wounded in the accident was also related to the family.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot express his condolences over the incident.
“The death of three persons in cylinder blast at a house in Meetharam ji ka Kheda village of Chittorgarh is sad and unfortunate. My condolences are with the bereaved family,” he tweeted.
- No, foetuses are not surrounded by bacteria in womb: review
- India has 21 judges per million population: Govt
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace