Kolkata: Four days after she was injured and hospitalised during an election campaign in Nandigram, TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee, on Sunday, attended her first public event, as she led a roadshow in Kolkata on a wheelchair.
Accompanied by senior TMC leaders, Banerjee was seen greeting the crowd with folded hands, with security personnel pushing her wheelchair.
Banerjee joined the five km roadshow from Mayo Road to Hazra More, as part of the observation of Nandigram Diwas to commemorate the killing of 14 villagers in police firing during the anti-land acquisition protest in 2007.
Also read: ECI finds Bengal govt report on Mamata ‘attack’ sketchy, asks chief secy to elaborate
“We will continue to fight boldly! I’m still in a lot of pain, but I feel the pain of my people even more. In this fight to protect our revered land, we have suffered a lot and will suffer more but we will NEVER bow down to COWARDICE!”, Banerjee tweeted minutes before arriving at the venue.
Banerjee was injured on March 10 following which she was admitted to SSKM hospital in Kolkata. She was discharged on March 12.
Carrying posters and placards hailing Banerjee as the “daughter of Bengal”, TMC supporters raised slogans against the BJP and called for “defeating the outsiders” in the assembly elections.
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
Leave a comment