Sambhal (UP): Two men died here due to over-consumption of ‘bhang’ and liquor, police said on Saturday.
Superintendent of Police of Sambhal Chakresh Mishra on Saturday said, “Some people in Simrai village under Gunnaur police station had consumed ‘bhaang’ in large quantity on Mahashivratri after which they also consumed liquor.
“On Friday night, Manoj (28) and Nanhe (35) who had consumed ‘bhaang’ and liquor died.”
The condition of another man is serious, and he is undergoing treatment at a hospital, Mishra said, adding that the matter is being probed.
He said the bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem examination.
- COVID on rise in 110 countries, driven by 2 Omicron sub-variants: WHO
- UK announces further military support for Ukraine
- Netflix announces premiere date of ‘Masaba Masaba’ season 2
- PSLV C-53 carrying Singapore satellites lifts off
- International Joke Day 2022: Jokes to make your loved ones laugh
- China opposes India’s reported plan to hold G20 meeting in J&K