Muzaffarnagar (UP): A 35-year-old woman died after she was allegedly beaten up by her husband here, police said on Monday.
Kusum got seriously injured after her husband attacked her with an iron rod when she tried to prevent him from drinking. She was admitted to a hospital and succumbed to injuries on Sunday, police said.
The incident took place at Athai village in Jansath tehsil on March 1, they added.
The woman’s husband, Sanjiv, was earlier booked for attempt to murder, which has been now changed to murder, Station House Officer Deepak Chaturvedi said.
The accused is absconding, he said.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption