Muzaffarnagar: A 30-year-old pregnant woman was found hanging at her home here, police said on Monday.
They said a case has been lodged against her in-laws for allegedly demanding dowry from her.
Tabasum Begum was found hanging at her marital home at Jolla village in Budhana town on Sunday, police said.
She was married to Afsar for over an year and was allegedly being harassed by her in-laws for not bringing enough dowry with her, they said.
Also Read | Batla House encounter: Court convicts IM man for killing cop
The woman’s brother, Lukman, has filed a complain with the police alleging his sister’s in-laws were demanding dowry from her. He further alleged that they first killed her and then hanged her to make it look like a case of suicide, police said.
An FIR was registered against Afsar, victim’s brother-in-law Arshad, father-in-law Tasawer and mother-in-law Hasroon, Station House Officer M S Gill said, adding they all are absconding.
- Meghalaya: ‘Cheap stunt’ or is the GNLA really regrouping?
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram