New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted women on the occasion of International Women’s Day on Monday and said India takes pride in their many accomplishments.
He said it was his our government’s honour to work towards furthering women empowerment in the country across a wide range of sectors.
“Saluting our indomitable #NariShakti on International Women’s Day! India takes pride in the many accomplishments of the women of our nation. It is our Government’s honour to be getting the opportunity to work towards furthering women empowerment across a wide range of sectors,” Modi tweeted.
The prime minister has often highlighted that woman empowerment has been a central theme of schemes like free cooking gas cylinders, opening of bank accounts, building toilets.
- Peace talks: After Mishra & Assam CM, Nagaland govt to meet NSCN-IM
- Arunachal Guv assures memorial in memory of martyred soldier
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee