Sunil Gavaskar had a lot of traits as a genius batsman: patience, perseverance, adaptability, and leadership to name a few. But he was never an aggressive batsman.
The same cannot be said about his commentary.
Gavaskar was clearly tired of the incessant moaning and complaining of foreign cricketers over the recently-concluded Test Match at the Narendra Modi Stadium. During a segment with Star Sports during the fourth and final Test clash between India and England, Gavaskar wondered why Indians gave importance to the opinions of foreign players. “Why should we discuss what they say? When India get out for 36 or when Kapil Dev, Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Sehwag say something, does their media say anything? Absolutely not,” he highlighted.
“Why don’t we tell them ‘chal phut (get lost), we don’t want to talk to you. This is what we should do. And when we will stop giving them importance, they will learn their lessons,” added Gavaskar.
Of course, when one of India’s greatest-ever batsmen says chal phut, social media starts a meme fest. Because why not!
The desi reaction from the veteran cricketer has caught the attention of netizens and triggered a memefest.
Check some below:
- Symptoms of long Covid in kids may change over time: Study
- Here’s what Elon Musk’s language teaches us about his ambitions
- Forced religious conversion against Constitution: SC
- Twitter lifted its ban on COVID misinformation – research shows this is a grave risk to public health
- Examine representation on framing of same rules for organ transplant: SC
- Regional arms race vs Kim’s desire for NKorea to be nuclear superpower