During Day 1 of the fourth Test match between India and England, Virat Kohli and Ben Stokes got into a bit of verbal altercation which had to be broken off by on-field umpires.
Here what happened. After Mohammed Siraj bowled a bouncer to Stokes to finish the 13th over, Stokes mouthed a few words at the Indian bowler. Although Siraj did not say anything back, Kohli decided to take matters into his hands and got all up in Stokes’ face. But right before things got out of hand, umpires Nitin Menon and Virender Sharma intervened and separated the two.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group