During Day 1 of the fourth Test match between India and England, Virat Kohli and Ben Stokes got into a bit of verbal altercation which had to be broken off by on-field umpires.
Here what happened. After Mohammed Siraj bowled a bouncer to Stokes to finish the 13th over, Stokes mouthed a few words at the Indian bowler. Although Siraj did not say anything back, Kohli decided to take matters into his hands and got all up in Stokes’ face. But right before things got out of hand, umpires Nitin Menon and Virender Sharma intervened and separated the two.
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report
- Heritage Aviation to start helicopter services in Northeast
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K