I was poisoned: ISRO scientist claims
Tapan Misra, a scientist with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), claimed that he was poisoned over three years ago.
In a Facebook post titled 'Long Kept Secret', Misra alleged that he was given a fatal dose of arsenic trioxide on May 23, 2017, during a promotion interview at ISRO headquarters in Bengaluru. He claimed the poison was probably mixed with chutney, along with the Dosa served to him as snacks after lunch.
Misra, who is currently working as a Senior Advisor at the ISRO and is superannuating at the end of this month, said, "They want my mouth shut forever."
He had earlier served as Director of Ahmedabad-based Space Application Centre of ISRO.
It is reported that Home Affairs security personnel had alerted him of arsenic poisoning and helped doctors focus on the exact remedy. He also posted a medical report by AIIMS, New Delhi claiming that he has been diagnosed with Arsenic toxication.
The scientist said, "What followed was nightmare lasting for almost two years. Severe loss of blood to the tune of 30-40% through anal bleeding. I barely could come back from Bangalore and was rushed to Zydus Cadila hospital in Ahmedabad. It was followed by severe breathing difficulty, unusual skin eruptions and skin shedding, loss of nails on feet and hands, terrible neurological issues due to hypoxia, skeletal pain, unusual sensations, one suspected heart attack and Arsenic depositions and fungal infections on every inch of skin and internal organs."
He claimed that the motive behind it could be to remove "a scientist with critical contribution of very large military and commercial significance."