The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday released a list of nine candidates for the upcoming by-elections to the legislative assemblies of Uttar Pradesh, Nagaland and Karnataka.
The central election committee of the BJP released a list of six candidates for UP bypolls, one for Nagaland and two for Karnataka by-elections.
From Uttar Pradesh, Prempal Dhangar will be contesting from Tundia (SC) seat, Shrikant Katiyar from Bangermau seat, Sangeeta Chauhan from Naugawan Sadat seat, Usha Sirohi from Bulandshahr seat, Upendra Paswan from Ghatampur (SC) seat and Manoj Sinha from Malhani Assembly seat on November 3 elections.
While Sangeeta Chauhan will contest her late husband Chetan Chauhan seat, Usha Sirohi will stake claim to her late husband Virendra Sirohi’s legacy from his Bulandshahr seat. The Ghatampur seat that fell vacant after the death of UP minister Kamal Rani Varun in August.
The party has denied ticket to Sangeeta Sengar, wife of former BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar, who has been convicted in a rape case, from the Bangarmau seat.
Meanwhile, the Congress has announced Rakesh Mishra as its candidate from the Malhani seat.
Lirimong Sangatam is contesting for Pungro-Kiphire (ST) seat from Nagaland. The two candidates from Karnataka are Rajesh Gowda and Munirathna for Sirsa Assembly seat and Rajarajeshwarinagar seat respectively.
- Manipur’s Mirabai Chanu has sight set on second world championship title
- Sikkim: NH 10 restored after 8 days of disruption
- Arunachal CM visits Tawang, interacts with India Army jawans
- Rahul Dravid formally applies for head coach’s post; Laxman in fray for NCA?
- Assam: Protests against Dabaka deforestation intensify
- Rijiju to meet state law ministers next month on judicial infrastructure