The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Friday arrested an employee of the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for supplying secret information of fighter aircraft to Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency.
The operation to nab the accused was led by ADGP Deven Bharti (ATS); DIG Jayant Naiknavre; SP Ravindrasingh Pardeshi; DCP Vinaykumar Rathod and others.
“The Nashik unit of the state anti-terrorism squad received reliable intelligence about the man, who was in constant touch with ISI. The man, identified as Deepak Shirsath, was supplying confidential information about Indian fighter aircraft and their manufacturing unit to the Pakistani spy agency through WhatsApp and social media,” DCP Vinay Rathod said.
Information related to the HAL aircraft manufacturing unit at Ozar near Nashik, the airbase and prohibited areas inside the manufacturing unit were also shared by him, the official said.
An offence under the Official Secrets Act has been registered against the 41-year-old man, who was working as assistant supervisor.
The ATS has registered an offence under Sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Official Secrets Act, 1923. The sleuths have seized three mobile handsets with five SIM cards and two memory cards from the accused person. The recovered items have been sent to for forensic examination to a laboratory.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines