A six-year-old girl, raped by her 15-year-old cousin in Aligarh’s Iglas, about ten days back, died on Monday during treatment in Delhi, police said on Tuesday. The accused has been arrested.
The incident took place in a village under Iglas police station of Aligarh on September 15. The girl belonged to Sadabad area of Hathras district but had been living with her maternal aunt after her mother died a few years ago, the police noted.
As per the reports, the girl was held captive at the house after the incident and was rescued on September 17 after the intervention of a social organisation. She was admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital for treatment, said SSP Aligarh Muniraj G.
“The girl was shifted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi after her condition deteriorated, and she passed away on Monday,” the SSP mentioned.
An FIR was registered by police on September 21 on the complaint of the girl’s father, a resident of a village in Hathras district, that he suspected the girl was raped in captivity. Police then arrested the 15-year-old relative who confessed to his crime, the SSP said.
“The boy’s mother, who is the maternal aunt of the victim, is reported to be an accomplice in the crime and is absconding,” he added.
- The strategic importance of Sela Pass Tunnel for the Indian Army
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16