After CEO of Tesla Inc. Elon Musk, on Friday, indicated in a tweet about bringing the electric car company to India in 2021, the desi fans couldn’t keep calm.
Tesla club India wrote on Twitter, “Hey Elon , just thought we’d put this out here. We wait and hang on to hope wrt “hopefully soon” for India Tesla entry. Would love to hear of any progress in this regard.”
“Next year for sure,” Musk replied to the post on the micro-blogging site, which had photographs of T-shirts with the message: “India wants Tesla” and “India Love Tesla”.
Soon, the tweet garnered a lot of attention online, with Tesla trending on the platform as Indians couldn’t stop commenting about how excited they are. Reacting to the news, one user wrote: “Omg!! Elon, this is a celebrating news. We were waiting for ages.” To which Musk replied: “Thanks for waiting!”
Many Indians around the country expressed their eagerness and thanked Musk for finally confirming Tesla’s arrival in India. Others flooded him with requests to know what plans the company has for India and which models will be introduced first.
In 2019, Musk had tweeted saying that import duties in India were “extremely high (up to 100%), even for electric cars. This would make our cars unaffordable,” amid expectation of a 2020 launch.
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram