A 14-year-old girl, belonging to the scheduled castes (SC), was found murdered in Bhadohi, in eastern Uttar Pradesh. The police claimed her head was bashed in with bricks. The death comes as the country is still reeling from shock over the case from Hathras — the brutal gangrape and murder of a 19-year-old woman.
As the Hathras police came under scrutiny, their counterparts in Bhadohi said investigations are on into the teen’s death.
The girl, the police said, had failed to return when she had gone to the fields to relieve herself. Her brother found the body when he went to look for her, the police said.
The police suspect she had been raped. “This would become clear when the postmortem report is in,” said an officer of the local police, Ram Badan Singh.
It is not yet known who the attackers are, the police said, adding that they are pursuing all leads.
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM