Redmi 9i with a 5,000 mAh battery debuted in India recently, and will go on sale today at 12pm (noon). It will be available for purchase via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. This is the fourth model of the company’s Redmi 9 series that already includes Redmi 9 Prime, Redmi 9 and Redmi 9A.
The Redmi 9i is an entry level handset, and comes in three colour options – Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green. It carries a price tag of Rs. 8,299 for 4GB + 64GB storage variant, and at Rs. 9,299 for the 4GB + 128GB storage variant.
The Redmi 9i features a 6.53-inch HD+ display that comes with 720×1,600 pixels resolution, 1,500:1 contrast ratio, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and 270 nits peak brightness. The dual-SIM (Nano) handset is powered by the octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 SoC, paired with 4GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 512GB). The smartphone runs on MIUI 12, based on Android 10.
In terms of camera, the Redmi 9i features a single 13-megapixel camera with f/2.2 aperture lens on the back. On the front, there is a 5-megapixel selfie shooter that is housed in a notch. Connectivity options include VoWiFi, 4G, VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, and a Micro-USB port for charging. The handset is backed by a 5,000mAh battery that comes with 10W fast charging support. The phone measures 164.9 x 77.07 x 9mm and weighs 194 grams.
The phone also comes with a P2i coating that makes it water-resistant.
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here