Guwahati: As Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is starting to widen its probe into the drug connection of the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, many B-town A-listers have now come into the purview. Actors like Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Rakul Preet Singh, and now Dia Mirza is under the scanner as well.
Dia Mirza took to Instagram to issue a statement saying that she has never procured drugs nor has consumed any. She wrote, “I would like to strongly refute and categorically deny this news as being false, baseless, and with mala fide intentions. Such frivolous reporting has a direct impact on my reputation being besmirched and is causing damage to my career, which I have painstakingly built with years of hard work. I have never procured or consumed any narcotics or contraband substances of any form in my life. I intend to pursue the full extent of legal remedies available to me as a law-abiding citizen.”
Also Read: New research suggests the potential for in-flight transmission of COVID-19
Allegedly, the Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein actor’s name surfaced while interrogating one Anuj Keshwani. Keshwani reportedly told the NCB that Dia’s manager allegedly used to supply drugs to the actor as per the request.
Meanwhile, NCB has told that Sara Ali Khan, Rakul Preet Singh, and Simone Khambatta will be summoned in the drug probe by this week.
Also Read: Civil suit against designer Ritu Beri, TRIFED over misuse of ‘Naga’ shawls
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur