An Indian Army jawan was martyred on Tuesday after Pakistan resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the line of control (LoC) in Sunderbani Sector, district Rajouri (J&K).
“Own troops responded strongly to the enemy fire. In the incident, Naik Aneesh Thomas was critically injured and later succumbed to his injuries,” informed the army in a statement.
“Naik Aneesh Thomas was a brave, highly motivated and a sincere soldier.
The nation will always remain indebted to him for his supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty”, the statement reads.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA