India is ‘entirely’ responsible for border stand-off in Ladakh, claims China
The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei FenghiTwitter image

India is ‘entirely’ responsible for border stand-off in Ladakh, claims China

The statement came after a meeting in Moscow occurred between both defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi

The Chinese government on Saturday claimed that India is “entirely” responsible for the border stand-off in Ladakh adding that China will not lose “an inch of its territory.”

India was also ready with their own statement as shortly after the Defence Ministry of India stated that China’s actions which includes the “amassing of a large number of troops.. aggressive behavior and attempts to unilaterally alter the status quo,” were all in violation of bilateral agreements.

However, the Defence Ministry also stated that they were keen for China to “work with the Indian side for complete disengagement at the earliest..” all while determined in protecting Indian sovereignty and territorial integrity.

The ministry also added, “The two sides should continue their discussions, including through diplomatic and military channels, to ensure complete disengagement and de-escalation and full restoration of peace and tranquillity along the LAC at the earliest.”

The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi.

Moreover, this meeting was asked for by China and the first of its kind since the border face-off in June which killed 20 Indian soldiers.

The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi
Arunachal MP confirms abduction of 5 Indians by Chinese PLA from Indian territory

The Chinese in a statement said that “Causes and truth of the current tension on the China-India border are clear, and the responsibility entirely lies with India. China cannot lose an inch of its territory, and its armed forces are fully determined, capable, and confident in safeguarding national sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

The country even called on India to implement the important consensus which was reached by PM Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping. They even insisted on resolving the issue via dialogues and consultations.

The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi
How self-taught Naga interior designer Khroku Nuh builds a business empire

They added that both the countries should focus on deepening the Indo-China relations and should give importance to improving the overall situation of regional peace and stability. They must also look into safeguarding peace and tranquillity in the border areas.

However, before this meeting with the Chinese defence minister Singh in a pointed message said that peace and security also demanded trust, non-aggression, and respect for international laws.

For, the Indian Army within this week itself had blocked Chinese troops carrying out “provocative military movements” in the Pangong Tso Lake region of Ladakh. According to the Army, these movements are most serious ever since June.

The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi
Indefinite shutdown of petrol pumps in Guwahati from Monday: Know why

Moreover, attempts were made even as the two nations are engaged in diplomatic military talks to resolve the border issue however only little results have come out so far.

When the two countries exchanged statements last week before the “provocative military movements” China had said that it wanted the differences to be sorted out peacefully. However, even after several rounds of diplomatic and military meetings, only limited engagement has occurred.

Reports and media alerts state that tensions at the border are at the highest levels since the 1962 war.

Add on to it that China has ordered a major build-up of tanks and infantry in the South Pangong region of Eastern Ladakh. India is also not behind as it has reinforced its own tank formations in the area and even deployed additional forces to shore up the heights that it holds along the disputed LAC in the region.

Additionally, there has also been heavy air activity along the LAC with the Chinese Air Force stepping up fighter deployment from two air bases- Hotan and Ngari-Gunsa in Tibet.

The statements from both the country came hours after a high-level meeting in Moscow occurred between both the defence ministers- Rajnath Singh and his counterpart Wei Fenghi
Australia surrender meekly as England win T20I at Southampton

For more such stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Activate Website Notifications to stay updated.

Related Stories

EastMojo
www.eastmojo.com