On the occasion of 11th World Bamboo Day 2020, a virtual Bomboo Festival will be held on September 18, to explore and exhibit bamboo as a sustainable green material.
The festival is being organised by India-Taiwan Global Tech Forum in association with South Asia Bamboo Foundation; The National Institute of Design (NID); The Assam Valley School (AVS); Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI); National Cheng Chung University, Taiwan; Nagaland Bamboo Development Agency, and many civil societies from across 15 countries.
World Bamboo Day was founded by Kamesh Salam as former president of the World Bamboo Organisation in 2009.
This year’s key events will be talk show by Bamboo gurus, Arief Rabik of Environmental Bamboo Foundation (EBF), Bali, will talk about his late mother Linda Garland who was the pioneer of modern Bamboo Development in Bali. From India the Director of NID will be talking on the contribution of Late Prof MP Ranjan who contributed to Bamboo design and development in India.
Further, the festival will have music and bamboo bands from Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan, Kerala and Nagaland (India); bamboo cooking shows; product launch; and several competiton for school and college students.
Dr Hans Fredrich, former director-general of International Network for Bamboo & Rattan (INBAR) will give the keynote speech on Bamboo and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the festival. Also, more than 25 experts from India, Australia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, etc will talk about bamboo and its versatility.
- 8-month-old baby among 4 of Indian-origin family kidnapped in US
- Ten mountaineers killed in U’khand avalanche: Nehru Institute of Mountaineering
- Manipur CM launches 12 more GPS-enabled highway patrol vehicles
- Australia’s first Binar spacecraft came down to Earth as a fireball. Here’s what we learned
- ‘Adipurush’: MP minister warns makers over ‘wrong’ depiction of Hindu deities
- Domestic help arrested for murder of JK DG (Prison) Hemant Lohia