New Delhi: The news of a poor man named Kuldip Kumar from a small village in Himachal Pradesh who sold off his only cow to buy a smartphone for his children so that they could do online classes in these pandemic times has taken the country by storm. Many people have come forward to his rescue, including Bollywood star Sonu Sood.
Various television channels also tried reaching out to the man and a Delhi-based Assamese journalist Amit Barua was among the first people to respond to the plight of the poor man. Amit deposited Rs 10,000 directly into the man’s bank account to help him out. Hundreds of people from Delhi, Pune Chandigarh, Jalandhar and Gurugram also inquired about Kuldip and came forward to his help.
Bollywood star Sonu Sood also noticed the plight of Kuldip and tweeted his news asking for people to help him out with Kuldip’s contact details and address. Another person from Mumbai also offered monthly financial assistance for the education of Kuldip’s children.
Many people who came forward to Kuldip’s rescue wanted him to bring back his cow while others said that he should utilise the money towards building a house for himself as Kuldip and his family live in a cow shed.
Himachal Pradesh governor also sought details of Kuldip and asked for a status report from the district administration on Kuldip’s condition.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands