The Aurangabad plant of Bajaj Auto is shut for the next two days after two employees died of COVID-19, and 140 others tested positive.
The first case of COVID-19 was detected at Bajaj Auto plant in Aurangabad on June 6. The company claims to have taken all necessary precautions as per the protocol laid down by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The local administration officials have shut the plant down sanitise the entire premises.
The Aurangabad plant has over 8,100 employees and contractors. 140 cases of COVID-19 have been reported from the plant.
An official statement from the company says the plant will be shut down as per directions of the local administration. “Our current incidence of 140 cases of COVID is less than 2 per cent of our strength. Two of our infected employees with underlying conditions of hypertension and diabetes have, unfortunately, succumbed to the infection.”
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands