A video doing rounds on social media has many pleasantly surprised. It shows a langur, reportedly injured, waiting patiently outside a hospital in Karnataka in hopes of getting treated for his injury. According to reports, the wounded langur showed up at Patil Hospital in Dandeli recently, where he later received medical care from the staff.
The video, initially shared by a Facebook page named ‘Let’s Go Dandeli’ showed the langur sitting outside the hospital entrance as other patients watch him with curiosity. Later, one person was seen stroking the back of the primate gently while another person treated the injured langur.
The video further shows two people checking the langur for injuries and applying medicine while the langur patiently sits atop a wash basin.
The video was re-posted on Twitter by Indian Forest Service officer Sandeep Tripathi who praised the medical staff for administering medication on the injured primate. In the tweet, he wrote “Amazing… an injured monkey turns up at Patil Hospital, Dandeli for medical care! Praiseworthy compassion by staff.”
The video was viewed over 3,000 times on twitter and a longer version of the same video on Facebook got more than 10,000 views and a lot of comments thanking the hospital staff for all their help in treating the langur.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands