Viral video doing the rounds on social media shows alleged tussle between Indian and Chinese troops; not authenticated, says Indian Army, while condemning attempts to sensationalise the issue
New Delhi: The Indian Army has rejected a video that has been doing the rounds on social media which shows an alleged tussle between the Indian and Chinese troops, saying it is “not authenticated”.
“It has been brought to our notice that a video is doing the rounds on social media on an incident along the borders. The content of video being circulated is not authenticated. Attempt to link it with the situation on the northern borders is mala fide,” said a spokesperson of the Indian Army.
The video allegedly shows a confrontation of the Indian Army with the Chinese troops somewhere along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The video also shows the presence of an injured Chinese soldier flanked by the Indian troops who are shielding themselves from the pelting of stones and other sharp objects from the Chinese troops.
Amid the felling of rocks, Indian Army personnel are also seen trying to damage an armoured truck. The one recording the video can be heard saying, “This is Chinese Army” in the beginning of the video, referring to the one on the ground. In the ruckus, some Indian Army members are also heard reasoning to the Chinese troops that one of their members is injured here, so they should stop throwing rocks. Many troops from the Indian Army are also seen bleeding and being injured in the video.
“Currently, no violence is happening. Differences are being addressed through interaction between military commanders, guided by established protocols on management of borders between the two countries. We strongly condemn attempts to sensationalise issues impacting national security. The media is requested not to air visuals that are likely to vitiate the current situation on the borders,” the spokesperson added.
Defence minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said that the matter would be settled through talks and diplomacy, which were both at diplomatic and military levels.
This comes in continuation of the scuffle that broke out between Indian and Chinese soldiers on May 5-6 near Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh. Although a flare-up was avoided as both the armies stuck to their protocols to resolve the stand-off, but a few soldiers suffered some injuries. This was also followed by a similar incident in North Sikkim on May 9 at Naku La.
Some soldiers were harmed during the two occurrences on both the sides, which the Army said had been settled at a local level. The deadlock has since extended to a few areas along the LAC in Ladakh without any indications of resolution as the Chinese troops have made an entrance into territories controlled by India and set up shelters (tents).