New Delhi: US President Donald Trump’s daughter and advisor to White House Ivanka Trump has praised 15-year-old Jyoti Kumari, who cycled 1,200 km carrying her ailing father during the nationwide lockdown in India, terming her act as a “beautiful feat of endurance and love”.
Stuck at Gurugram in Haryana due to the travel restrictions during nationwide lockdown, Jyoti made her father sit on the rear carrier of her cycle and took him to his native place in Bihar, covering 1,200 km on cycle in seven days.
Ivanka took to Twitter on Friday to highlight the story of the Indian girl, a Class VIII student, whose journey has become a matter of international discussion on social media where there has been talks about whether she has it in her to pursue a career in cycling.
“15 yr old Jyoti Kumari, carried her wounded father to their home village on the back of her bicycle covering +1,200 km over 7 days. This beautiful feat of endurance & love has captured the imagination of the Indian people and the cycling federation!” said Ivanka in her tweet.
Impressed with Jyoti’s efforts of pedalled her way to Bihar from Gurugram, carrying her ailing father on cycle, the Cycling Federation of India (CFI) will invite Kumari to appear for a trial next month, in what could be a life-changing opportunity for the girl.
CFI Chairman Onkar Singh while speaking to the media, told that if Jyoti passes the trial, she will be selected as a trainee at the state-of-the-art National Cycling Academy.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA