The airlines will operate on one-third of its summer capacities in the metro cities, said Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri
Guwahati: Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, in a recent press conference laid out a detailed plan for resuming domestic air travel in India. After announcing the resumption of commercial passenger flights from May 25, on Thursday (May 21) the ministry issued detailed guidelines for passengers, airports, airlines, and other stakeholders.
The airlines will operate on one-third of its summer capacities in the metro cities, said Puri. Staring off with 1/3rd capacity Puri added that he will increase the number of flights based on the experiences of the passengers.
The aviation ministry stated that they will prescribe an upper and lower limit on airfares and that the airlines have to adhere to it during the period of coronavirus pandemic.
Here are a list of guidelines that have been issued for passengers
From origin to the airport
-Passengers should keep in mind the new rules of social distancing, baggage limitations, minimum touch, COVID-19 declaration, digital payments, use of authorized taxis, and registration on the Aarogya Setu App. The process would be slower and hence one must avoid reaching the airport at the last minute.
- The baggage tag/ identification number should be downloaded by the passengers themselves.
- During the initial stages, passengers are entitled to carry a maximum of one checked-in baggage and one hand baggage.
- Before entering the terminal the passengers would ensure the wearing of protective gear and masks throughout the journey.
- If a person is from a containment zone or is COVID-19 positive; he or she is not allowed to travel
- If any such passengers undertake air travel he or she will be liable for penal action.
- Ensure Web Check-in and acquire a ticket.
- Passenger to download the baggage identification /baggage tag, print it, and attach it on the sack at a noticeable spot.
- if the traveller can't print the baggage tag, at that point he/she should refer to the PNR number and his/her name on a thick bit of paper and join it/label it with a solid string.
Entering the terminal building
-Travellers should keep on wearing a face mask throughout.
- They are to get down from the vehicle with the face cover on and with the required records.
- Should show up at the thermal screening office close to the entryway.
- Passenger to get himself/herself checked for temperature and show the status of the Aarogya Setu App to the staff at the passage door.
- If there should arise an occurrence of non-availability of Aarogya Setu, the traveller ought to be encouraged to go to a counter provided by the airport where Aarogya Setu App can be downloaded.
- Travellers to show their identity card, the boarding pass/e-boarding pass to the CISF staff at the entry gate.
- Passenger to continue to the baggage drop counter and show his/her PNR to the staff. Abstain from utilizing baggage trolley.
- An electronic receipt will be sent to the traveller.
- Passenger to stick to physical distancing which would be indicated at the air terminals through markings like circle, square, or tensor obstructions.
- Passenger to finish the registration system and baggage drop at least an hour before the flight.
At security check-in
- Arrangements have been made at air terminals to manage travellers to stroll through the ore-embarkation security screening.
- Passenger to follow the bearings as directed by the authorities and strip of all metal on the body to facilitate the security screening.
- Passenger to bring just one hand baggage according to a predetermined size permitted by the aircraft.
- Passenger to help out safety staff by adhering to the directions for his/her wellbeing and security.
Security hold area
- Passenger to continue to the security hold territory after security screening.
- While waiting up in the security hold territory, traveller to keep up physical distancing and other sanitization conventions.
- Chairs checked 'Not For Use' ought not to be occupied.
- While looking for food and drink shops, retail outlets, and so forth, the traveller ought to know about physical distancing and look after personal hygiene. Additionally, he/she ought to know about the areas where sanitizers would be made accessible.
- Passenger to discard all the biohazardous material like utilized covers, gloves, tissues, and so forth in the yellow-coloured disposable bins /packs put at key areas at the air terminal.
- Passengers to be mindful of different communication material shown at the air terminal about different health advisories relating to pre-boarding and during the flight precautionary measures.
- Passengers to gather the security unit safety kit (three-layered surgical mask and sanitizer) from the carriers close to the boarding door.
- Passengers to wear a mask and disinfect his/her hands before continuing to the boarding entryway for checking of the ticket.
- Passengers to be mindful of boarding declarations and arrive at the boarding queue while following physical distancing.
- Display of identity cards by travellers is an unquestionable requirement and Check-in of the boarding pass would be done by the traveller by self-scanning of the e-boarding pass.
Inside the aircraft
- During the flight, travellers to carefully follow hygiene and sanitation. Face to face interaction to be limited.
- Passenger to limit the utilization of toilets and avoid any non-essential movement in the aisles.
- No lining at the toilets and just one ally for kids and the old would be permitted.
- No meal service on the aircraft. Water containers to be made available on the seats or in the galley area.
- No paper/magazine will be accessible, no onboard sale of anything.
- If the traveller feels uncomfortable, exhausted, or has respiratory trouble, it ought to be brought to the immediate notice of the team.
Airport to destination
- The disembarkation from the carriers would be sequential.
- To disembark, travellers to carefully follow physical distancing.
- Sanitation ought to be kept up at the arrival gate, aerobridges, coaches, jet ladders, ramps, etc.
- Trolleys to be utilized sparingly.
Exit from airport
- Passengers to employ just authorized cabs.
- Passengers to follow physical distancing and cleanliness while going in any method of transportation.
- On landing in the goal, travellers to stick to health protocols as prescribed by the destination.