Guwahati: Pained by the plight of migrant workers stranded in different parts of the state, unable to come back due to the nationwide lockdown, actor Sonu Sood has been arranging transportation facilities for them.
“I will continue sending migrants’ home until the last migrant reunites with his family and loved ones. This is something really close to my heart and I will give it my all,” said Sonu Sood in a statement.
After obtaining special permission from the Uttar Pradesh Government, Sood on Saturday was able to arrange multiple buses which on Sunday left from Wadala in Mumbai to Uttar Pradesh. This includes Lucknow, Hardoi, Siddharthnagar, Pratapgarh as well as different states like Bihar and Jharkhand.
Sood had previously also arranged buses for the migrant workers to their home state in Karnataka. He even offered his Juhu hotel for healthcare workers and has also distributed the much-needed food to the underprivileged. He also donated over 1,500 PPE kits to various doctors across Punjab.
In a statement to the media, he said that it’s his duty to save the “heartbeats of our country” and that one cannot empathize with the pangs of the migrant workers traversing long distances via just sitting in an AC room and tweeting about it. He even stated that now he receives hundreds of emails and requests and that coordinating these has become his job during the lockdown.
- John Abraham announced as the brand ambassador for MotoGP India
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes