Guwahati: #BanTikTok is trending at the number 1 position on Twitter on Monday. This follows a very disturbing video made by TikTok ‘influencer’ Faizal Siddiqui that has gone viral. It shows Siddiqui promoting acid attacks. The video, which has been removed, showed Faizal asking a question in Hindi, “Did the man leave you? The same man for whom you abandoned me?” followed by a splash of some liquid. The scene then immediately shifted to a woman with scar marks on her face (make-up)
The video-sharing app TikTok has had a love-hate relationship in India.
Rekha Sharma, the chairman of the National Commission for Women (NCW) on May 18 took to Twitter to share that they have taken cognisance of the ‘viral’ video. NCW wrote to TikTok India to block Siddiqui from the platform. Reportedly Siddiqui has over 13 million followers in his account. Additionally, Sharma has also written to DGP Maharashtra to take legal action Siddiqui.
A change.org petition is also up with ban TikTok in India and over 30 thousand people have signed it till now.
Twitteratis took to the platform to share their views and opinions about the video making and sharing app.
- Modi dials Mamata, assures all help to mitigate flood situation in Bengal
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases