Kolkata: India is going to host its first pink ball day-night test match at Eden Gardens, Kolkata from November 22 to 26 against Bangladesh.
According to reports, BCCI president Sourav Gaunguly confirmed the development on Tuesday. He also revealed that Captain Virat Kohli has agreed for the Test match.
The BCCI also plans to invite India’s legendary Olympians like Abhinav Bindra, MC Mary Kom and PV Sindhu and felicitate them for their contribution to the country’s Olympic movement during the match.
Indian cricketers have for long objected to playing with the pink ball, asserting that sighting the ball becomes a problem after it gets old. But Ganguly wants the Eden Gardens’ Day-night Test to be an “annual affair” just like Australia’s annual ‘Pink Test’ cricket.
The announcement ends days of speculations after Ganguly first proposed the idea to the Bangladesh Cricket Board, which faced resistance from its players and sat for multiple meetings to convince them.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands