Maligaon: In a recent development, the Northeast Frontier Railway on Wednesday announced the cancellation of certain joy ride trains in Darjeeling, and rescheduling of other trains owing to “operational constraints”.
The statement from NFR advised passengers and rail enthusiasts to take note of the following cancellations and rescheduling of services:
1. Cancellation of Joy Ride Trains:
- Train no. 52539 (New Jalpaiguri – Darjeeling) AC passenger service, which operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, starting from 02nd October, 2023, until 01st January, 2024, will be canceled.
- Train no. 52538 (Darjeeling – New Jalpaiguri) AC passenger service, which operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, starting from 03rd October, 2023, until 02nd January, 2024, will also be canceled.
2. Northern Railway Section Affected:
Additionally, due to planned traffic blocks for the de-launching of steel trusses of the through roof over platforms at Jalandhar Cantt. on the Ludhiana Jn. – Amritsar Jn. section of the Northern Railway, certain trains passing through this section will be canceled and rescheduled as follows:
- Train no. 04654 (New Jalpaiguri – Amritsar Jn.) Express, scheduled to commence its journey on 04th October, 2023, and Train no. 04653 (Amritsar Jn. – New Jalpaiguri) Express, scheduled for a journey on 06th October, 2023, will both remain canceled.
3. Rescheduling of Kamakhya Express:
In a further adjustment, train no. 15655 (Kamakhya – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra) Express, initially set to depart from Kamakhya on 01st October, 2023, at 11:00 hours, has been rescheduled and will now depart at 14:00 hours on the same day.
Over the past four years, EastMojo revolutionised the coverage of Northeast India through our sharp, impactful, and unbiased coverage. And we are not saying this: you, our readers, say so about us. Thanks to you, we have become Northeast India’s largest, independent, multimedia digital news platform.
Now, we need your help to sustain what you started.
We are fiercely protective of our ‘independent’ status and would like to remain so: it helps us provide quality journalism free from biases and agendas. From travelling to the remotest regions to cover various issues to paying local reporters honest wages to encourage them, we spend our money on where it matters.
Now, we seek your support in remaining truly independent, unbiased, and objective. We want to show the world that it is possible to cover issues that matter to the people without asking for corporate and/or government support. We can do it without them; we cannot do it without you.
Support independent journalism, subscribe to EastMojo.
4. Additional Stoppage at Kishangarh:
Lastly, an additional stoppage has been introduced for train no. 19615/19616 (Udaipur – Kamakhya – Udaipur) Weekly Express at Kishangarh station. Train no. 19615 (Udaipur – Kamakhya) Express will arrive at Kishangarh at 21:27 hours and depart at 21:29 hours, while Train no. 19616 (Kamakhya – Udaipur) Express will arrive at Kishangarh at 17:22 hours and depart at 17:24 hours.
Also Read | Fresh clashes erupt along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Mizoram Election Results 2023: LIVE Blog
- Meghalaya: Hills Festival 2023 wraps up with eclectic cultural celebrations
- It is time we discussed the impending Deepfake apocalypse
- Sikkim flood: Govt begins process of issuing death certificates for missing persons
- Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival to begin on Dec 14: See details here
- Nagaland: Pastor arrested in ‘Mystery Box’ scam