Kolkata: An elderly man died due to dengue in Kolkata on Wednesday, while 965 new cases were reported in the state, a health department official said.
The deceased, Subrata Sarkar (61), was a resident of Bansdroni area in the metropolis, he said.
The official said the dengue death toll now stands at 16 since the outbreak this year two months ago.
A total of 604 patients are undergoing treatment at government hospitals for the mosquito-borne disease, the official said.
- World Tourism Day: Places to visit in Northeast India
- In a world first, NASA’s DART mission is about to smash into an asteroid. What will we learn?
- Meghalaya: Curtain raiser for 2nd North East Olympic Games held
- UAE Air Force commander meets IAF chief
- Manipur: CM Biren inaugurates Flybig flight from Imphal to Tezu
- Government blocks 45 videos on 10 YouTube channels: Thakur