Kolkata: West Bengal on Sunday recorded 479 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally to 21,02,487, a health department bulletin said.
The death toll rose to 21,422 as two more persons succumbed to the disease, it said.
At least 10,029 samples were tested during the day and the positivity rate stood at 4.78 per cent.
As many as 674 people recuperated from the disease on Sunday, taking the total number of recoveries to 20,75,378, the bulletin said.
The state recorded a recovery rate of 98.71 per cent.
It has so far tested 26,139,655 samples for COVID-19, the bulletin added.
- Tripura 2023: EC rejects CPI(M)’s complaint against BJP candidate
- Budget 2023: FM announces new savings scheme for women
- Assam: Priest, two others held for drug peddling in Nagaon
- Two years after Myanmar coup, India’s national security still at risk
- Centre confusing people in the name of CAA: Mamata
- Will Tripura get a ‘Hollywood’ MLA? TIPRA Motha thinks so