Kolkata: Four more COVID-19 deaths were reported in West Bengal, pushing the toll to 21,384, a health department bulletin said on Thursday.
The COVID-19 tally rose to 20,96,896 as 775 more people tested positive for the infection in the last 24 hours, it said.
West Bengal currently has 9,948 active COVID-19 cases while 20,65,564 have recovered from the disease, including 1,943 on Wednesday, the bulletin said.
The state tested 12,067 samples for COVID-19 in the 24 hours, the bulletin added.
Bengal had reported 911 new COVID-19 cases and four deaths on Wednesday.
- China continues rare military drills around Taiwan even after 4 days
- Top TTP commander Khorasani, 3 others killed in Afghanistan blast
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Assam: 24 families wait 30 years to rebuild homes after erosion