Siliguri: Perseverance pays and the reward is sweet to savour. To his detractors, Anit Thapa may have been another ‘would be’ challenger—who they said, had the misfortune of losing elections.
But the dyed-in-the-wool politician, who had for decades quietly waited, watched from the sidelines of the fractured Gorkha political arena in turbulent Darjeeling......
- Active Covid cases in country rise to 7,927
- Future action on Teesta river issue after response from India: Bangladesh
- Efforts on to inaugurate Guwahati AIIMS during PM’s visit in April: Himanta
- Nagaland CM tables bill to regulate fire safety measures in state
- Karbi council collecting tax on broom grass from Ri Bhoi farmers: Meghalaya MLA
- Fabulous four: Nikhat, Lovlina, Nitu, Saweety cruise into World Championships finals