Malda (WB): Over 2.6 kg of brown sugar was seized from West Bengal’s Malda district on Saturday and three people were arrested, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a car was intercepted at Gajole toll plaza and the drugs, packed in small quantities, were found under its seats, they said.
Two persons from Manipur and a man of Sagardighi in Murshidabad district were arrested from the vehicle, Superintendent of Police Pradeep Kumar Yadav said.
The drugs were worth around Rs 30 lakh, police said.
A case was lodged and an investigation underway, they said.
Also Read | Bengal: Anti-Agnipath protesters block railway tracks, do push-ups
- Imran Khan says stage set for his ‘court martial’
- Assam: Three suspended for leaking CCTV footage of accident
- Manipur: Haobam Paban Kumar’s film ‘Joseph ki Macha’ to premiere at Shanghai Int’l Film Fest
- China should be confronted strategically: Cong president Kharge
- Solimla Jajo among 7 from Manipur to qualify for World Championships
- US Consul General seeks to locate remains of US soldiers killed in Assam in WWII