Malda (WB): Fifteen people, including six children, squeezed into an e-rickshaw were injured after a truck rammed into the vehicle from behind in West Bengal’s Malda district on Friday, police said.
The condition of four children and the e-rickshaw driver is stated to be critical, a police officer said.
The accident took place on National Highway 34 near Narayanpur Mission Road in Malda police station area when 14 people from Bihar’s Kishanganj were going to a dargah in Pandua.
They had hired the e-rickshaw at Malda Town railway station for a round trip at Rs 500, he said.
All the 14 passengers and the e-rickshaw driver have been injured. They were initially admitted to a private hospital, and later shifted to Malda Medical College and Hospital, the officer said.
- Webb detects smallest main belt asteroid by chance: NASA
- Ultra-processed foods linked to increased cancer risk: Study
- Former Manipur footballers excited for tri-nation meet in Imphal
- How Nepalis’ love of momo threatens endangered wild water buffaloes
- No more holding my pee: LGBTQIA+ campaign in Assam seeks safe toilets
- This is the safest seat on a plane, as per an aviation expert