Howrah: Two persons were killed as their motorcycle hit the divider of a national highway in West Bengal’s Howrah district on Saturday, following which they were run over by a truck, police said.
The accident happened around 10 am on NH-16 near Birshibpur in Uluberia police station area on the Kolkata-bound flank, they said.
The deceased were identified as Rishav Singh (18) and Manas Kumar Bera (17), police said.
They were heading to Uluberia from Santoshpur Berapara in Bagnan when the accident happened.
Both of them died on the spot, while the truck fled the scene, police said.
- Blood test can detect Alzheimer’s 3.5 years before diagnosis
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in
- Several leaders in Mizoram’s Siaha quit MNF
- The seven important nutrients for mental health
- Antibodies against coronavirus ‘coldspots’ discovered
- When wastewater from planes was tested for COVID among travellers