Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said she has blocked Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Twitter, “disturbed” by his regular posts against her government on the microblogging platform.
Banerjee also said that Dhankhar has threatened the chief secretary and the director general of police on several occasions.
Addressing a press meet here, the CM said she has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi several times, seeking the removal of Dhankhar.
“However, no action has been taken so far,” Banerjee, who shares an acrimonious relationship with the governor, said.
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda
- US dubs Pak, China, Myanmar, 9 others as ‘countries of particular concern’
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills