Kolkata: The vaccination drive for youngsters in the 15-18 age group began in West Bengal on Monday morning, a health official said.
The vaccination drive, under which the teenagers will be administered Covaxin, began at different government, semi-government and private schools, besides 338 hospitals and medical colleges across the states, and 37 health clinics of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC), he said.
The drive commenced in one school each in 479 blocks and civic bodies, the official said, adding that inoculation is underway in 16 educational institutions in the metropolis.
“We have begun the drive with 60 lakh Covaxin doses for this age group. A total of 48 lakh teenagers are eligible,” he added.
- Meghalaya 2023: TMC’s Richard Marak slams NPP’s work record
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 6 January, 2023
- Nagaland polls: Only 6 candidates file nominations so far; deadline Tuesday
- Five held in Guwahati businessman murder case
- Shah, Mamata to arrive in poll-bound Tripura on Monday
- ISRO-NASA built satellite ready to be shipped to India for launch