Kolkata: A major fire broke out on Saturday morning at a godown here, where paint, thinner and other related items were stored, an official said.
Five fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the flames, he said.
No injury has been reported so far, the official stated.
Dense smoke was seen billowing out of the godown in Kaikhali area, close to Kolkata airport, by locals around 11 am, following which the fire brigade was contacted, he said.
More fire tenders are expected to arrive at the spot to bring the blaze under control, the official said, adding that fire and emergency services minister Sujit Bose was monitoring the situation.
Also read: China says Arunachal Pradesh part of it since ancient times
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas
- Guwahati accident: No more digging across city, says district admin
- CBI forms SIT to probe Manipur violence, takes over probe