Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said Durga Puja festivities will start 10 days prior in 2022 to celebrate the Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) tag accorded to the unique festival by UNESCO.
The CM was speaking at a meeting here with Trinamool Congress councillors.
This honour is the result of our determination, our perseverance It is recognition of a unique festival like Durga Puja, which is unparalleled in the world,” she said.
“It is also the success of the members of puja committees, who work so hard and with great passion,” Banerjee said.
UNESCO had on Wednesday announced that the Durga Puja in Kolkata has been inscribed on the agency’s list of ‘Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity’.
Also read: Indian aviation industry was able to breathe a little easier in 2021
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over
- Frequent earthquakes vs vulnerabilities of the Himalayan region