Kalimpong: Rishop in West Bengal’s Kalimpong district received the season’s first snow on Wednesday, leading to delight among tourists and locals alike, officials said.
People were seen playing with snow and capturing the moments on their mobile phones, as trees and rooftops were covered with snowfall in the afternoon at the popular tourist destination, they said.
The snowfall led to a dip in temperatures in Lava, Gorubathan and other areas of Kalimpong district and also in the Dooars region of North Bengal, they added.
- Oppn parties seek Parliament debate, JPC on Adani stock rout
- Is terrorism returning to Pakistan?
- Developing countries need lots of money to fight climate change: Nigeria
- UK defends BBC independence, says investing ‘heavily’ in relationship with India
- Nagaland 2023: HC quashes village resolution on consensus candidate
- Arunachal: Late MLA Tashi’s wife files nomination for Lumla bypoll