Jalpaiguri (WB) Three people, including two women, have been arrested in West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri district and brown sugar worth Rs 1.4 crore has been seized from their possession, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted an operation on Kamrangaguri overbridge in New Jalpaiguri police station area on Thursday and seized 700 gm of brown sugar, and arrested three people, who hail from Malda, Uttar Dinajpur and Darjeeling districts, an officer said.
An investigation is underway to find out whether more people are involved in the racket, he added.
- Arunachal: Protect tribal languages & culture, says Dy CM
- Assam plans drive to bar ex-students from staying in college, varsity hostels
- Nepali Congress wins 55 seats, starts consultations to form govt
- Trains cancelled for infrastructural developmental work: Check details
- Meghalaya govt denying PMAY beneficiaries: Bernard Marak
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 1