Kolkata: West Bengal on Tuesday reported 720 new COVID-19 cases, 105 more than the previous day, pushing the tally to 16,11,180, a health department bulletin said.
Ten new COVID-19 fatalities in the last 24 hours pushed the death toll to 19,407. The metropolis reported four deaths followed by Jalapaiguri district two and one each from North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah and Dakshin Dinajpur districts, it said.
On Monday West Bengal had reported 605 new COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths.
The state now has 7,914 active COVID-19 cases.
A total of 15,83,859 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 741 during the day.
The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 98.30 per cent while the fatality rate is 1.20 per cent, the bulletin said.
The administration has so far tested 2,00,71,197 samples for COVID-19, including 36,014 samples in the last 24 hours.
- Maid kills former employer for forcing her into flesh trade
- New Songs Sunday: A look at the latest tracks this week
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show