English Bazar (West Bengal): At least 38 people were injured in an attack by a skulk of foxes in West Bengal’s Malda district on Thursday, police said.
The incident happened in Hardam Nagar village in the Harishchandrapur police station area, they said.
A skulk of 15-20 foxes attacked several houses in the village at the break of the dawn, injuring at least 40 people as most were caught by surprise, police said.
Twenty of them were critically injured and are undergoing treatment, they said.
The angry villagers then beat two foxes to death, while the rest managed to escape, police said.
“Total 38 people were injured in the attack by the foxes. All of them are being treated at Harishchandrapur Rural Hospital,” Harishchandrapur 2 Block Development Officer Bijoy Giri said.
“The forest department has been informed and they have already visited the area,” he added.
Also read | Bengali actor Srabanti Chatterjee quits BJP
- Toyota Hilux launches in India: Bookings start at just Rs 50,000
- India successfully test-fires Brahmos missile
- Manipur 2022: TMC MLA, ex-Congress MLA join BJP
- System being created where there is no place for any discrimination: PM Modi
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Jan 20
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Jan 20