Kolkata, Sep 21 (PTI) Adrian Pratt has taken charge as the new director of American Center, Kolkata and the Public Affairs Officer (PAO) of the US Consulate General in the eastern metropolis.
Pratt assumed charge of the two posts on Monday succeeding former director and PAO Monica Shie, the US Consulate in Kolkata said in a statement.
“I am honoured to be back in India and represent the United States of America here in East and Northeast India. I look forward to engaging with the people and learning more about their heritage and culture and advancing the US-India partnership in the region,” Pratt said.
Pratt comes to Kolkata after serving two one-year tours as Public Affairs Officer in Erbil, Iraq. His previous tours include The Hague, New Delhi, and Wellington, New Zealand.
Before joining the U.S. State Department, Adrian worked for 20 years in newspapers, as a reporter, editor and publisher.
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital
- Rajasthan teacher held for raping 11-yr-old after girl dials child helpline for assistance
- Fuel price hike in Meghalaya: Local cabbies, residents face challenges
- Chhattisgarh: One killed, 16 injured as SUV runs over people during Durga idol procession
- JEE-Advanced 2021: Mridul Agarwal from Delhi zone bags top rank; Kavya Chopra tops among females