Kolkata: West Bengal reported 156 more COVID-19 fatalities on Sunday, pushing the toll to 14,364, while the tally mounted to 12,67,090 with 18,422 fresh cases, the health department said in a bulletin.
The state now has 1,30,525 active cases and 11,22,201 people have recovered from the disease, including 19,429 since Saturday.
Kolkata and North 24 Parganas districts accounted for 46 fresh fatalities, while 10 deaths were registered in Murshidabad, among other places.
Also read: WB: Oxygen leakage at Siliguri hospital triggers panic
The fresh cases include 3,771 infections from North 24 Parganas and 3,056 from the metropolis, the bulletin said.
West Bengal has so far tested 1,19,25,561 samples for COVID-19.
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion