New Delhi: India has logged 1,805 new coronavirus cases, while the active cases have surpassed the 10,000-mark after 134 days, according to Union health ministry data updated on Monday.
The daily positivity rate has been recorded at 3.19 per cent and the weekly positivity rate at 1.39 per cent.
The active cases have increased to 10,300, the data updated at 8 am stated. On Sunday, the health ministry had put the count of active cases at 9,433.
The death toll has increased to 5,30,837 with six deaths, one each reported by Chandigarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in a span of 24 hours, and two reconciled by Kerala.
The total tally of Covid cases is 4.47 crore (4,47,05,952), the data stated.
The active cases now comprise 0.02 per cent of the total infections, while the national Covid recovery rate has been recorded at 98.79 per cent, according to the health ministry’s website.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease has increased to 4,41,64,815, the data stated. The case fatality rate has been recorded at 1.19 per cent.
According to the ministry’s website, 220.65 crore doses of Covid vaccine have been administered so far under the nationwide Covid vaccination drive.
Also Read | Alzheimer’s disease: problems with brain’s energy supply could be a cause
- 50 new medical colleges approved in India this year: Sources
- Tripura to develop ‘Weekend tourism hub’ around Ujjayanta Palace
- LS polls preparations: EC begins ‘first level check’ of EVMs across India
- PM Modi’s US visit will set new benchmarks for bilateral ties: Pentagon
- China, Pak, Iran discuss joint efforts to deal with security challenges
- Cash-strapped Pak govt to unveil budget ahead of general polls this year